Thursday, April 2, 2009

Updated Itinery - Fun Fun Fun!

Im a happy and relieved person to report now that there are a few things that have been sorted out.

I successfully navigated my way through organising my Working Holiday Visa. Got it off in the mail last week all packaged up with my passport and other relevant documents. Its pretty risky letting such an important snapshot of who you are go into our postal system! All worries aside it managed to get to the British Consulate in Canberra on Monday. Now the wait! Apparantely a 25- 30 working day wait at the moment.

Just a bit of information about visa's if you dont know how much of a pain they are to get. In between getting stamped bank statements, another passport photo, answering and supplying the correct documentation and fingerprint scans - dont get me started on this - it can be quite stressful!

Now thats the boring work related stuff out of the way. Here is for the fun parts.

5th of July - Spain, Running of the Bulls................ no im not that stupid to run with them, from what i have heard and seen (thanks to Youtube) there is no way that i would be doing the Running of the Bulls. I will merely be a spectator and getting my exercise from lifting my arms to get my Sangria (more information here). Oh and the best part is a side tour afterwards for 4 days in Ibiza - sun and partying! From what I hear it isnt to be missed and I suppose this is why its a trip of a lifetime!

Once this tour of duty is completed is must board a plane from Ibiza to Paris on the 12th or 13th (TBA). Here i am catching up with some friends for a day or two before my Contiki tour!

It is booked for the 15th of July! Hyaaah! Im really really looking forward to this. Its called the European Spirit - it covers Eastern Europe and starts at France - Paris, Netherlands - Amsterdam - Edam, Germany - Berlin - Dresden, Czech Republic - Prague, Austria - Vienna, Slovenia, Croatia - Zagreb - Dubrovnik - Pag Island, Italy - Venice - Florence - finishing at Rome. If you want to check out on what your missing out on you can view the info here .

So this is roughly what i've organised and am doing so far. All i am doing at the moment is saving saving saving - so forgive me if i have been hiding under a rock!

Oh and the other good news is that i have 8 weeks of work left! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment